Here is a gist of the latest Google search news update which was released on 31st January 2020:
- Search console has been updated with discover report and index coverage report becoming more comprehensive.
- There were updated in Mobile First Indexing documentation to ensure that the full content of the website is reflected on mobiles.
- BERT was covered, which is a modern method for computers to comprehend the natural language. There were updates on Webmaster Central Twitter profiles and Search Liaison.
- Googlebot has continued to be used as a medium for crawling.
- Chrome posted regarding handling mixed contents and subsequently notices were sent to the websites using old TLS and HTTPS protocols.